Jump to Main Content
- Frantál, Bohumil
- Journal of environmental policy & planning 2015 v.17 no.2 pp. 217-236
- economic valuation; landscapes; local government; surveys; wind power; wind turbines; Czech Republic
- ... A bstract Replacing existing wind turbines with new and higher capacity turbines (‘repowering’) is to become a major challenge for planners within the next decade. While the benefits of repowering are evident, it cannot be assumed that the process will proceed automatically and without problems. The acceptance of future developments will be significantly affected by whether expectations of benefit ...
- Dupras, Jérôme; Alam, Mahbubul
- Journal of environmental policy & planning 2015 v.17 no.2 pp. 180-200
- cropland; economic valuation; ecosystem services; ecosystems; forests; grasslands; land use change; urbanization; wetlands; Quebec
- ... A bstract Urban sprawl is central to the issues surrounding sustainable urban development. It generally leads to multiple impacts on land-use change, including loss of sensitive natural areas, farmland and fragmentation of ecosystems, which negatively impact the production of a wide range of ecosystem services (ES). In this study, we evaluate the value of ES provided by forests, croplands, grassla ...