Jump to Main Content
- Barron, D.P.; McDermott, C.L.
- Journal of environmental policy & planning 2015 v.17 no.2 pp. 277-293
- compliance; credit; deforestation; developed countries; developing countries; emissions; environmental impact; forests; funding; governance; markets; prices; profits and margins; risk; risk reduction; social benefit; social impact; social marketing; supply chain
- ... A bstract ‘Reducing emissions from deforestation and degradation' (REDD+) is a mechanism for developed countries to compensate developing countries for reducing forest loss. At present, REDD+ is underfunded, due in part to a lack of private funding caused by the absence of a compliance market for REDD+ credits. One of the obstacles in creating a compliance market is a concern that private funders ...
- Dupras, Jérôme; Alam, Mahbubul
- Journal of environmental policy & planning 2015 v.17 no.2 pp. 180-200
- cropland; economic valuation; ecosystem services; ecosystems; forests; grasslands; land use change; urbanization; wetlands; Quebec
- ... A bstract Urban sprawl is central to the issues surrounding sustainable urban development. It generally leads to multiple impacts on land-use change, including loss of sensitive natural areas, farmland and fragmentation of ecosystems, which negatively impact the production of a wide range of ecosystem services (ES). In this study, we evaluate the value of ES provided by forests, croplands, grassla ...