Jump to Main Content
- van Dam, Rosalie; Duineveld, Martijn; During, Roel
- Journal of environmental policy & planning 2015 v.17 no.2 pp. 163-179
- case studies; governance; people
- ... A bstract Based on three case studies on citizens' initiatives in their local governance contexts, we analyse the process of subjectification as a performative effect of the dialectical relationship between governmental organizations and citizens' initiatives. We argue that discourses produced by governmental organizations on what it entails to be an active citizen have a performative effect on ci ...
- Barron, D.P.; McDermott, C.L.
- Journal of environmental policy & planning 2015 v.17 no.2 pp. 277-293
- compliance; credit; deforestation; developed countries; developing countries; emissions; environmental impact; forests; funding; governance; markets; prices; profits and margins; risk; risk reduction; social benefit; social impact; social marketing; supply chain
- ... A bstract ‘Reducing emissions from deforestation and degradation' (REDD+) is a mechanism for developed countries to compensate developing countries for reducing forest loss. At present, REDD+ is underfunded, due in part to a lack of private funding caused by the absence of a compliance market for REDD+ credits. One of the obstacles in creating a compliance market is a concern that private funders ...