Jump to Main Content
- Xie, Belinda; Brewer, Marilynn B.; Hayes, Brett K.; McDonald, Rachel I.; Newell, Ben R.
- Journal of environmental psychology 2019 pp. 101331
- Australians; biosphere; climate change; cognition; market economy; models; prediction; risk perception; social factors; structural equation modeling; variance
- ... We extended a recent model of climate change risk perception (van der Linden, 2015) to predict the risk perception of Australians and their willingness to engage in mitigation behaviours (N = 921). Affect, mitigation response inefficacy, and descriptive norms were the most important predictors of risk perception, highlighting the influence of affective, cognitive, and socio-cultural factors. Affec ...
- Graham-Rowe, Ella; Jessop, Donna C.; Sparks, Paul
- Journal of environmental psychology 2019
- cognition; developed countries; environmental education; environmental impact; food waste; fruits; households; vegetable residues; vegetables
- ... Household food waste has a significant detrimental impact on the environment. However, despite national campaigns, people in high income countries throw away a sizeable proportion of the food they purchase. The present study investigated whether self-affirmation could promote openness to information detailing the negative consequences of household food waste, with a particular focus on fruit and v ...