You searched for: Journal Journal of environmental quality Remove constraint Journal: Journal of environmental quality Publication Year 2013 Remove constraint Publication Year: 2013 Source 2013 v.42 no.4 Remove constraint Source: 2013 v.42 no.4
Main content area
3 Search Results
- BARTELT-HUNT, Shannon L.; DE VIVO, Shannon; JOHNSON, Leslie; SNOW, Daniel D.; KRANZ, William L.; MADER, Terry L.; SHAPIRO, Charles A.; VAN DONK, Simon J.; SHELTON, David P.; TARKALSON, David D.; ZHANG, Tian C.
- Journal of environmental quality 2013 v.42 no.4 pp. 1159
- androsterone; beef cattle; biodegradation; cattle manure; composted manure; composting; drug implants; estrone; half life; metabolites; models; progesterone; steroid hormones
- ... In this study, the fate of steroid hormones in beef cattle manure composting is evaluated. The fate of 16 steroids and metabolites was evaluated in composted manure from beef cattle administered growth promotants and from beef cattle with no steroid hormone implants. The fate of estrogens (primary detected as estrone), androgens, progesterone, and the fusarium metabolite and implant a-zearalanol w ...
- Del Grosso, S. J.; White, J. W.; Wilson, G.; Vandenberg, B.; Karlen, D. L.; Follett, R. F.; Johnson, J. M. F.; Franzluebbers, A. J.; Archer, D. W.; Gollany, H. T.; Liebig, M. A.; Ascough, J.; Reyes-Fox, M.; Pellack, L.; Starr, J.; Barbour, N.; Polumsky, R. W.; Gutwein, M.; James, D.
- Journal of environmental quality 2013 v.42 no.4 pp. 1274
- Agricultural Research Service; bioenergy; biomass; carbon sinks; chemical composition; databases; energy; environmental impact; environmental quality; experimental design; feedstocks; fertilizers; field experimentation; grazing intensity; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; harvest date; information management; models; planting; research programs; soil; weather
- ... Difficulties in accessing high-quality data on trace gas fluxes and performance of bioenergy/bioproduct feedstocks limit the ability of researchers and others to address environmental impacts of agriculture and the potential to produce feedstocks. To address those needs, the GRACEnet (Greenhouse gas Reduction through Agricultural Carbon Enhancement network) and REAP (Renewable Energy Assessment Pr ...
- REAP (Resilient Economic Agricultural Practices)
GRACEnet (Greenhouse gas Reduction through Agricultural Carbon Enhancement network)
- Bolster, Carl H
- Journal of environmental quality 2013 v.42 no.4 pp. 1
- Monte Carlo method; agricultural management models; agricultural runoff; animal manures; losses from soil; manure spreading; model uncertainty; model validation; phosphorus; prediction; uncertainty analysis
- ... Models are often used to predict phosphorus (P) loss from agricultural fields. While it is commonly recognized that there are inherent uncertainties with model predictions, limited studies have addressed model prediction uncertainty. In this study we assess the effect of model input error on predictions of annual P loss by the Annual P Loss Estimator (APLE) model, an empirically-based spreadsheet ...