Jump to Main Content
- Villamil, M. B.; Miguez, F. E.; Bollero, G. A.
- Journal of environmental quality 2008 v.37 no.6 pp. 2063-2069
- soil quality; soil analysis; multivariate analysis; no-tillage; edaphic factors; soil nutrients; corn; crop rotation; Zea mays; soybeans; Glycine max; fallow; winter; rye; Secale cereale; Vicia villosa; bulk density; resistance to penetration; soil penetration resistance; aggregate stability; soil pH; soil organic matter; nitrogen; nitrate nitrogen; phosphorus; discriminant analysis; cover crops; Illinois
- ... To evidence the multidimensionality of the soil quality concept, we propose the use of data visualization as a tool for exploratory data analyses, model building, and diagnostics. Our objective was to establish the best edaphic indicators for assessing soil quality in four no-till systems with regard to functioning as a medium for crop production and nutrient cycling across two Illinois locations. ...
- Yu, Kewei; DeLaune, Ronald D.; Tao, Rui; Beine, Robert L.
- Journal of environmental quality 2008 v.37 no.6 pp. 2275-2283
- nutrients; nonpoint source pollution; herbicides; water pollution; water quality; sediments; estuaries; coastal water; sugarcane; Saccharum officinarum; environmental impact; agricultural watersheds; agricultural runoff; rain; infiltration (hydrology); total suspended solids; nitrogen; phosphorus; seasonal variation; pollution load; swamps; lowland forests; fertilizer application; spring; nitrate nitrogen; stable isotopes; eutrophication; drinking water; water quality standards; Louisiana
- ... A watershed analysis of nonpoint-source pollution associated with sugarcane (L.) production was conducted. Runoff water samples following major rainfall events from two representative sugarcane fields (SC1 and SC2) were collected and analyzed. The impact of runoff on two receiving water bodies, St. James canal (SJC) and Bayou Chevreuil (BC) in a drainage basin (Baratarian Basin), was studied. Resu ...