Jump to Main Content
- Fang, Q.; Ma, L.; Yu, Q.; Malone, R. W.; Saseendran, S. A.; Ahuja, L. R.
- Journal of environmental quality 2008 v.37 no.6 pp. 2232
- nitrogen; water management; wheat; corn; double cropping; soil nutrients; Zea mays; environmental models; water pollution; water use; sustainable agriculture; field experimentation; Triticum aestivum; nitrogen fertilizers; water quality; rhizosphere; plant growth; crop production; soil water; leaching; soil water content; biomass; grain yield; nitrate nitrogen; application rate; irrigation management; China
- ... Excessive N and water use in agriculture causes environmental degradation and can potentially jeopardize the sustainability of the system. A field study was conducted from 2000 to 2002 to study the effects of four N treatments (0, 100, 200, and 300 kg N ha per crop) on a wheat (L.) and maize (L.) double cropping system under 70 ± 15% field capacity in the North China Plain (NCP). The root zone wat ...
- Harmel, Daren; Qian, Song; Reckhow, Ken; Casebolt, Pamela
- Journal of environmental quality 2008 v.37 no.6 pp. 2403
- nutrients; pollution load; agricultural runoff; databases; pastures; rangelands; land use; nitrogen; phosphorus; corn; Zea mays; crop rotation; wheat; oats; barley; Citrus; vegetables; Sorghum (Poaceae); soybeans; cotton; fallow; peanuts; agricultural watersheds; phosphorus fertilizers; rain; United States
- ... The “Measured Annual Nutrient loads from AGricultural Environments” (MANAGE) database was developed to be a readily accessible, easily queried database of site characteristic and field-scale nutrient export data. The original version of MANAGE, which drew heavily from an early 1980s compilation of nutrient export data, created an electronic database with nutrient load data and corresponding site c ...
- Measured Annual Nutrient loads from AGricultural Environments (MANAGE) database