Jump to Main Content
- Nearing, M.A.; Risse, R.M.; Rogers, L.F.
- Journal of environmental quality 1993 v.22 no.4 pp. 666
- lakes; water quality; watersheds; pollution; land use; agricultural land; stream flow; nitrate nitrogen; nitrogen; phosphorus; chemical oxygen demand; nonpoint source pollution; Georgia
- ... Physically based models of lakes require estimates of daily, spatially varied water and nutrient fluxes into the lake from surrounding watersheds. Often, however, only a selected set of streams are periodically (monthly or biweekly) sampled. The objective of this study was to develop and test a method for estimating daily flux of nutrients into a large reservoir using data from sampling of selecte ...
- Sharpley, A. N.
- Journal of environmental quality 1993 v.22 no.4 pp. 678
- phosphorus; bioavailability; runoff; iron oxides; Anabaena; Ankistrodesmus; Euglena; algae and seaweeds; Selenastrum
- ... The transport of bioavailable P (BAP) in agricultural runoff can stimulate freshwater eutrophication. Previous research has shown that the amount of P removed by Fe-oxide impregnated paper strips (Fe-oxide strips) is related to the growth of in laboratory incubations. As only one algal type was used, additional assays were conducted to determine if Fe-oxide strips can estimate the potential bioava ...