Jump to Main Content
- Wienhold, B.J.; Sadeghi, A.M.; Gish, T.J.
- Journal of environmental quality 1993 v.22 no.1 pp. 162
- atrazine; alachlor; volatilization; encapsulation; starch; soil temperature; losses from soil; physicochemical properties
- ... Volatilization of agricultural chemicals is one process whereby chemicals may enter into parts of the environment where they were not intended. Starch encapsulation of pesticides has been proposed as a way of modifying pesticide behavior in the soil environment. This study was conducted to assess how starch encapsulation and temperature affect volatilization of atrazine [6-chloro-N-ethyl-N'-(1-met ...
- Sharpley, A.N.; Smith, S.J.
- Journal of environmental quality 1993 v.22 no.1 pp. 32
- runoff; phosphorus; bioavailability; losses from soil; agriculture; water pollution; water quality; equations; prediction; Texas; Oklahoma
- ... The loss of bioavailable P (BAP) in both soluble (SP) and particulate (BPP, bioavailable particulate P) forms in agricultural runoff, can accelerate the eutrophication of surface waters. Bioavailable P represents P that is potentially available for algal uptake. Although prediction of BAP loss would provide a more reliable assessment of the impact of agricultural management on surface water eutrop ...