Jump to Main Content
- Sharpley, A. N.; Smith, S. J.; Berg, W. A.; Williams, J. R.
- Journal of environmental quality 1985 v.14 no.3 pp. 354
- nitrogen; nutrient transport; phosphorus; soil analysis; watersheds; pollution; runoff; Oklahoma; Texas
- ... The transport of soluble and particulate P and N in runoff from several cropped and grassed watersheds in Oklahoma and Texas was related to the nutrient content of surface soil (0–50 mm) sampled monthly and annually (March) over a 2-yr period in an effort to improve the prediction of nutrient transport. For both monthly and annual soil samplings, the prediction of soluble P was good for events > 0 ...
- Schepers, J. S.; Francis, D. D.; Mielke, L. N.
- Journal of environmental quality 1985 v.14 no.2 pp. 186
- manmade structures; erosion control; runoff; sediment contamination; water quality; watersheds; Nebraska
- ... Runoff collected from terrace and sediment-control basins having tile-outlet systems was compared with runoff water quality from Maple Creek in northeastern Nebraska. This study was part of a Model Implementation Project (MIP) initiated in 1978 to accelerate land treatment for erosion control and development of best management practices (BMPs). Soils in the area are very erosive (Nora-Crofton comp ...