Jump to Main Content
- Sharpley, A.N.; Smith, S.J.; Menzel, R.G.
- Journal of environmental quality 1982 v.11 no.2 pp. 247
- hydrologic models; United States
- ... The concentrations of soluble and particulate (sediment) P in runoff from several cropland and grassland watersheds across the Southern Plains were predicted from relationships obtained from simulated rainfall-runoff studies. Soluble P was predicted from the water-extractable P content of surface soil (0-1 cm) collected in March each year, using a general P-extraction coefficient covering all the ...
- Sharpley, A.N.
- Journal of environmental quality 1982 v.11 no.2 pp. 166
- runoff; prediction; water pollution; extraction; phosphorus; soil nutrients; linear models; sorption; water quality; hydrologic models
- ... The effect of time on the water-extractable P content (PX) of surface soil (0-10 cm) following a P addition (PA) was investigated in the laboratory using 20 soils from 14 states. The soils were incubated with P equivalent to 0-, 25-, 50-, and 100-kg/ha additions and the water-extractable P content and soluble P concentrations of runoff from the soils determined at frequent intervals. Water-extract ...