Jump to Main Content
- Iglesias, Lucía Emilia; Saumell, Carlos; Sagüés, Federica; Sallovitz, Juan Manuel; Lifschitz, Adrián Luis
- Journal of environmental science and health 2018 v.53 no.1 pp. 42-48
- cattle; feces; grasses; herbivores; high performance liquid chromatography; ivermectin; risk; soil; soil biota
- ... The aim of this work was to evaluate the fate of ivermectin (IVM) at two concentrations in cattle feces and its movement to the nearby soil and plants. Feces were spiked with IVM at two levels: 3000 ng g⁻¹ (high group, HG) and 300 ng g⁻¹ (low group, LG). Artificial dung pats were prepared and deposited in an experimental field area. Feces and underlying soil were sampled up to 60 days post-deposit ...
- Khanal, Bal Kumari Sharma; Sadiq, Muhammad Bilal; Singh, Manisha; Anal, Anil Kumar
- Journal of environmental science and health 2018 v.53 no.1 pp. 57-86
- amoxicillin; antibiotic residues; dairies; developing countries; farmers; high performance liquid chromatography; maximum residue limits; milk; monitoring; rapid methods; screening; sulfadimethoxine; Nepal
- ... The prevalence of two groups of antibiotics; namely penicillin and sulfonamides was studied in fresh milk available in Kathmandu Valley of Nepal. The milk samples (n = 140) were collected from three different sources; individual farmers, cottage dairies and organized dairies of Kathmandu valley. Qualitative and semi-quantitative analysis with rapid screening kits revealed that 23% samples were pos ...