Jump to Main Content
- Ma, Qingxin; Liu, Yongchun; Liu, Chang; Ma, Jinzhu; He, Hong
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2012 v.24 no.1 pp. 62-71
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; aerosols; air; calcium carbonate; case studies; chemical composition; climate; dust storms; hygroscopicity; nitrates; organic compounds; prediction; silica; sulfur dioxide; uncertainty; China
- ... Mineral dust comprises a great fraction of the global aerosol loading, but remains the largest uncertainty in predictions of the future climate due to its complexity in composition and physico-chemical properties. In this work, a case study characterizing Asian dust storm particles was conducted by multiple analysis methods, including SEM-EDS, XPS, FT-IR, BET, TPD/mass and Knudsen cell/mass. The m ...
- Catoire, V.; Bernard, F.; Mébarki, Y.; Mellouki, A.; Eyglunent, G.; Daële, V.; Robert, C.
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2012 v.24 no.1 pp. 22-33
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; absorption; databases; detection limit; ethylene; formaldehyde; instrumentation; mixing; ozone; ozonolysis; room temperature; stratosphere
- ... A tunable diode laser absorption spectrometer (TDLAS) for formaldehyde atmospheric measurements has been set up and validated through comparison experiments with a Fourier transform infrared spectrometer (FT-IR) in a simulation chamber. Formaldehyde was generated in situ in the chamber from reaction of ethene with ozone. Three HCHO ro-vibrational line intensities (at 2909.71, 2912.09 and 2914.46 c ...