Jump to Main Content
- Duirk, Stephen E., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2017 v.58 pp. 173-182
- X-radiation; byproducts; chlorine; cytotoxicity; disinfectants; disinfection; drinking water; genotoxicity; mammals; public health; resins; Ohio
- ... The presence of iodinated X-ray contrast media (ICM) in source waters is of high concern to public health because of their potential to generate highly toxic disinfection by-products (DBPs). The objective of this study was to determine the impact of ICM in source waters and the type of disinfectant on the overall toxicity of DBP mixtures and to determine which ICM and reaction conditions give rise ...
- Duirk, Stephen E., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2019 v.78 pp. 204-214
- X-radiation; ammonia; ammonium chloride; byproducts; chlorine; chloroform; disinfection; drinking water; exposure duration; iodine; organic matter; pH; toxicity; trichloroacetic acid
- ... Chloramines, in practice, are formed onsite by adding ammonia to chlorinated drinking water to achieve the required disinfection. While regulated disinfection byproducts (DBPs) are reduced during chloramine disinfection, other DBPs such as iodinated (iodo-) DBPs, that elicit greater toxicity are formed. The objective of this study was to investigate the impact of prechlorination time on the format ...