Jump to Main Content
- Wilkołek, Piotr; Szczepanik, Marcin; Sitkowski, Wiesław; Adamek, Łukasz; Pluta, Michał; Taszkun, Iwona; Gołyński, Marcin
- Journal of equine veterinary science 2019 v.75 pp. 65-68
- Culex; Culicoides nubeculosus; Simulium; Stomoxys calcitrans; Tabanus; allergens; blood serum; horses; hypersensitivity; immunoglobulin E; in vitro studies; insect bites and stings; insects; monoclonal antibodies; skin tests
- ... New techniques in equine veterinary allergy testing include multiple allergen simultaneous tests (MASTs) that cover insect bite hypersensitivity (IBH), respiratory and atopic allergic diseases. The in vivo intradermal test (IDT) method is one of the most widely used techniques in veterinary practice, but recently, in vitro methods have been introduced as possible alternatives. This study was desig ...
- Işık, Raziye
- Journal of equine veterinary science 2019 v.75 pp. 60-64
- DNA; allergens; asses; beta-lactoglobulin; binding proteins; breeding; genetic variation; horses; hypersensitivity; introns; iron; lactoferrin; milk yield; rearing; single nucleotide polymorphism; transferrin; vitamin A; whey protein; Turkey (country)
- ... Lactoferrin (LTF), also called lactotransferrin, is an iron-binding protein and member of transferrin family, whereas β-LG is an important milk protein and belongs to the ligand-binding protein family of lipocalins and binds retinol. Beta-lactoglobulin (β-LG) is a major whey protein and it is a member of lipocalins family. β-LG is also known as a major allergen reason of cow milk protein allergy. ...