Jump to Main Content
- Kunwar, Gitu; Pande, Chitra; Tewari, Geeta; Bhatt, Sunita; Tripathi, Sonal
- Journal of essential oil-bearing plants 2018 v.21 no.3 pp. 623-639
- Ocimum kilimandscharicum, etc ; aerial parts; cadmium; chemotypes; copper; essential oil crops; essential oils; forage; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; human health; hydrodistillation; lead; oils; polluted soils; saplings; Himalayan region; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Plant productivity and safety of agricultural crops growing in metal contaminated soils is emerging as a major environmental problem affecting human health. To assess the effect of metals on herbage and oil productivity and the feasibility of growing aromatic crops in metal contaminated areas, a green house pot experiment was designed in which saplings of Ocimum kilimandscharicum were planted in c ...
- Rana, Virendra S.; Blazquez, M. Amparo
- Journal of essential oil-bearing plants 2015 v.18 no.5 pp. 1234-1241
- Ocimum kilimandscharicum, etc ; Ocimum basilicum; Ocimum gratissimum var. gratissimum; Ocimum tenuiflorum; aerial parts; beta-caryophyllene; camphor; chemical composition; essential oils; eugenol; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; germacrene; hydrodistillation; linalool; methyl chavicol; methyl eugenol; oils; India; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Chemical composition of the essential oils of five Ocimum species namely Ocimum tenuiflorum syn Ocimum sanctum L. (green and purple), Ocimum kilimandscharicum Guerke, Ocimum viride Willd, Ocimum basilicum L. and Ocimum gratissimum L., obtained by a hydrodistillation was determined by GC and GC-MS. A total of one hundred three compounds were identified in the oils of five Ocimum species, of which f ...