Jump to Main Content
- Sahoo, Ambika, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of essential oil-bearing plants 2017 v.20 no.6 pp. 1461-1471
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Alpinia nigra; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; beta-pinene; essential oils; food preservatives; food safety; free radicals; gallic acid; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrodistillation; hydrogen peroxide; leaf extracts; leaves; minimum inhibitory concentration; pathogens; quercetin; shelf life; traditional foods
- ... The antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of the essential oil and extract of Alpinia nigra (Gaertn.) Burtt (Zingiberaceae) were assessed in vitro. Besides total phenolic and flavonoid content of leaf extract, the composition of essential oil was also investigated. Essential oil extracted from the leaves by hydro-distillation was analysed by GC-MS. Ten components, representing 99.3% of the leaf ...
- Sahoo, Ambika, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of essential oil-bearing plants 2016 v.19 no.6 pp. 1527-1531
- Curcuma angustifolia; camphene; camphor; chemical composition; cineole; essential oils; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrodistillation; isomers; leaves; medicinal plants; pharmaceutical industry; sesquiterpenoids; India
- ... Curcuma angustifolia Roxb. (Family: Zingiberaceae) is an important rhizomatous medicinal herb, grows wild in India. The leaf essential oil of C. angustifolia was extracted by hydro-distillation and analyzed by using Gas chromatography/Mass spectrometry (GC-MS). Forty six compounds comprising 91.17 % of the total peak area were identified. The major components of the leaf essential oil were 8,9-deh ...