Jump to Main Content
- Jian, Weijie; Yu, Suyun; Tang, Minke; Duan, Huihui; Huang, Jianmei
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2016 v.182 pp. 50-56
- Astragalus membranaceus; NADP (coenzyme); Panax notoginseng; Salvia miltiorrhiza; Scrophularia ningpoensis; Western blotting; aldehyde reductase; astragalosides; blood glucose; blood viscosity; body weight; diabetic retinopathy; digestion; endothelins; erythrocytes; immunohistochemistry; intercellular adhesion molecule-1; occludins; protective effect; quality control; rats; retina; spectroscopy; streptozotocin; therapeutics; traditional medicine; trypsin; vascular endothelial growth factors; viscosity; China
- ... Fufang Xueshuantong Capsule, an herbal formula licensed for clinical use in China, which is composed of Panax notoginseng (Burkill) F.H. Chen, Salvia miltiorrhiza Bunge, Astragalus membranaceus (Fisch.) Bunge, and Scrophularia ningpoensis Hemsl, has proven effective for the treatment of diabetic retinopathy. However, its bioactive constituents are still ambiguous. In this study, the therapeutic ef ...
- Sulyman, A.O.; Akolade, J.O.; Sabiu, S.A.; Aladodo, R.A.; Muritala, H.F.
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2016 v.182 pp. 122-128
- Aristolochia; alkaloids; alpha-amylase; animal disease models; biomarkers; blood glucose; body weight; chemical composition; diabetes; ethanol; flavonoids; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; glucose 6-phosphate; glucose tolerance tests; glycemic effect; glycogen; hyperglycemia; liver; oral administration; phenols; quantitative analysis; rats; roots; saponins; streptozotocin; tannins; traditional medicine; Nigeria
- ... Oral administration of alcoholic decoctions of Aristolochia ringens is used extensively by Traditional Medicine Practitioners (TMP) of Yoruba heritage in South west, Nigeria for the management of diabetes and its associated complications.To assess the potentials of root ethanolic extract of Aristolochia ringens V. (REAR) in the management of diabetes using chemical induced experimental animal mode ...