Jump to Main Content
- Su, Guang Yue; Yang, Jing Yu; Wang, Fang; Ma, Jie; Zhang, Kuo; Dong, Ying Xu; Song, Shao Jiang; Lu, Xiu Mei; Wu, Chun Fu
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2014 v.152 no.1 pp. 217-226
- animal models; antidepressants; dopamine; electrochemistry; food consumption; high performance liquid chromatography; hippocampus; immunohistochemistry; mechanism of action; nerve growth factor; neurotransmitters; rats; receptors; serotonin; staining; sucrose; therapeutics; traditional medicine; China
- ... Xiaochaihutang (XCHT) has been used in China for thousands of years to treat “Shaoyang syndrome”, which involves depressive-like symptoms. However, few studies have investigated its antidepressant effects and pharmacological mechanism of action. The present study was designed to confirm the antidepressant effect of XCHT using a chronic unpredictable mild stress (CUMS) model and explore its potenti ...
- Dong, Yizhu; Huang, Jianchun; Lin, Xing; Zhang, Shijun; Jiao, Yang; Liang, Tao; Chen, Zhaoni; Huang, Renbin
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2014 v.152 no.1 pp. 201-206
- Millettia; alanine transaminase; animal models; aspartate transaminase; drugs; glutathione peroxidase; hepatoprotective effect; ingredients; intragastric administration; isoniazid; lipid peroxidation; liver; memory; mice; polysaccharides; rifampicin; superoxide dismutase; traditional medicine; China
- ... Yulangsan polysaccharide (YLSPS) is often used in popular folk medicine in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region of China as a chief ingredient of Millettia pulchra, which is used as an hepatic protection, anti-aging and memory improving agent. In this study, the hepatoprotective effects of YLSPS against isoniazid (INH) or rifampicin and isoniazid (RFP+INH)-induced liver injury were investigated in ...