Jump to Main Content
- Umar, Anwar; Zhou, Wenting; Abdusalam, Elzira; Tursun, Arzigul; Reyim, Nadira; Tohti, Ibadet; Moore, Nicholas
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2014 v.152 no.1 pp. 151-155
- Ocimum basilicum; animal models; butanol; chloroform; ethanol; ethyl acetate; human umbilical vein endothelial cells; macrophages; metabolites; mice; petroleum; prostacyclin; thrombosis; thromboxanes; traditional medicine
- ... Ocimum basilicum L. (OBL) is a plant used in traditional Uyghur medicine for the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease. In previous studies we had found an antihypertensive and antithrombotic effect suggestive of an effect on prostaglandins, which we attempt to document here.6-keto-PGF1α, the metabolite of prostacyclin, and PGE2 were measured in the supernatant of human umbilical vein ...
- Hannan, Md. Abdul; Kang, Ji-Young; Mohibbullah, Md.; Hong, Yong-Ki; Lee, HyunSook; Choi, Jae-Suk; Choi, In Soon; Moon, Il Soo
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2014 v.152 no.1 pp. 142-150
- Ayurvedic medicine; Moringa oleifera; animal models; beta-carotene; cell death; computer software; ethanol; lactate dehydrogenase; leaves; lipophilicity; morphometry; nerve tissue; neurites; neuroprotective effect; nutrition; paralysis; synaptogenesis; viability
- ... Moringa oleifera Lam. (Moringaceae) by virtue of its high nutritional as well as ethnomedical values has been gaining profound interest both in nutrition and medicinal research. The leaf of this plant is used in ayurvedic medicine to treat paralysis, nervous debility and other nerve disorders. In addition, research evidence also suggests the nootropic as well as neuroprotective roles of Moringa ol ...