Jump to Main Content
- Nayak, Guruprasad; Honguntikar, Sachin D.; Kalthur, Sneha Guruprasad; D'Souza, Antony Sylvan; Mutalik, Srinivas; Setty, Manjunath M.; Kalyankumar, Raksha; Krishnamurthy, Hanumanthappa; Kalthur, Guruprasad; Adiga, Satish Kumar
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2016 v.182 pp. 101-109
- DNA damage; Moringa oleifera; albino; apoptosis; body weight; cyclophosphamide; germ cells; leaves; male fertility; males; mice; puberty; testes; traditional medicine; Africa
- ... Moringa oleifera Lam. is widely cultivated in Asian and African countries for its medicinal and dietary significance. The leaves are highly nutritious and are known to possess various biological activities.Pre-pubertal Swiss albino male mice were injected with single dose of cyclophosphamide (CP, 200mg/kg body weight) or ethanolic extract of Moringa oleifera leaves (MOE, 100mg/kg body weight) intr ...
- Wu, Hongzhong; Ren, Chunyan; Yang, Fang; Qin, Yufeng; Zhang, Yuanxing; Liu, Jianwen
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2016 v.182 pp. 129-136
- cation exchange chromatography; peptides; hydrophobicity; hematopoietic stem cells; oral administration; anemia; dose response; neoplasms; blood sampling; bone marrow; patients; leukocyte count; irradiation; radiotherapy; females; reversed-phase liquid chromatography; sodium phosphate; hematopoiesis; body weight; acetonitrile; fluorouracil; mice; bioactive compounds; ionic strength; proteomics; monocytes; erythrocytes; tandem mass spectrometry; animal models; gamma radiation; Oriental traditional medicine
- ... Colla Corii Asini is a widely used traditional Chinese medicine to treat anemia with a long history due to its stimulating effect in hematopoiesis, but the components contributing to this effect are still unknown. In this study, we aimed to establish a methodology to isolate the bioactive components and provide pharmacological basis for its usage in treating anemia.5-FU and γ-ray radiation induced ...