Jump to Main Content
- Marianne Molander; Line Nielsen; Søren Søgaard; Dan Staerk; Nina Rønsted; Drissa Diallo; Kusamba Zacharie Chifundera; Johannes van Staden; Anna K. Jäger
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2014 v.157 pp. 171-180
- Grewia mollis, etc ; Bauhinia thonningii; Bitis arietans; Combretum; Lannea; Naja; Strychnos; active ingredients; antiserum; bioassays; enzyme inhibition; enzyme inhibitors; ethanol; hyaluronoglucosaminidase; inhibitory concentration 50; mortality; necrosis; patients; phospholipase A2; plant anatomy; polyphenols; proteinases; snake bites; snakes; traditional medicine; Democratic Republic of the Congo; Mali; South Africa; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... removed in the search for specific enzyme inhibitors against hyaluronidase, phospholipase A2 or proteases from extracts with IC50 values below 100µg/ml. Water extracts of Pupalia lappacea, Combretum molle, Strychnos innocua and Grewia mollis and ethanol extract of Lannea acida and Bauhinia thonningii still showed IC50 values below 100µg/ml in either the hyaluronidase or protease bioassay after removal ...
- Marianne Molander; Dan Staerk; Hanne Mørck Nielsen; Johanna M. Brandner; Drissa Diallo; Chifundera Kusamba Zacharie; Johannes van Staden; Anna K. Jäger
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2015 v.165 pp. 1-8
- Grewia mollis, etc ; Dichrostachys cinerea; Paullinia pinnata; Tamarindus indica; antiserum; cell movement; cytotoxicity; enzymes; ethanol; models; mortality; necrosis; plant extracts; snake bites; therapeutics; tissue repair; traditional medicine; venoms; Sub-Saharan Africa; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... permeate the skin barrier over a 48h period, and will therefore be of very limited use topically in the initial treatment of snakebites in its present form. None of the extracts were able to directly interact with the enzyme to lower the cell toxicity of the venom. Two extracts, Dichrostachys cinerea and Grewia mollis, were tested in the ex vivo model, but none of them inhibited the tissue destruction ...