Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Xin; Zhang, FaMing; Liu, ZhenXiong; Feng, HanZhong; Yu, Zhi Bin; Lu, YuanYuan; Zhai, HuiHong; Bai, FeiHu; Shi, YongQuan; Lan, Mei; Jin, JianPing; Fan, DaiMing
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2008 v.117 no.1 pp. 102-107
- gastrointestinal transit, etc ; muscle contraction; dose response; smooth muscle; essential oils; inflammation; medicinal plants; dosage; feces; mice; Croton tiglium; animal models; colon; purgative properties; tissue culture; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Aim of the Study: Croton tiglium (Croton tiglium L., Euphorbiaceae) is widely used as a herb for treatment of gastrointestinal disturbances. Previous studies established its purgative and inflammational properties. The present study aimed to investigate the effects of Croton tiglium oil (CO) on intestinal transit in mice. Materials and Methods: Gastrointestinal transit in mice and contractile char ...
- Choi, Keun Han; Jeong, Seung Il; Hwang, Byung Soon; Lee, Jun Ho; Ryoo, Hyun Kwang; Lee, Seoul; Choi, Bong Kyu; Jung, Kyu Yong
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2010 v.127 no.3 pp. 718-724
- gastrointestinal transit, etc ; in vivo studies; muscle contraction; medicinal plants; plant extracts; cholinergic receptors; mechanism of action; dose response; smooth muscle; cholinergic agents; medicinal properties; colon; antagonists; in vitro studies; rats; tissue culture; citrus fruits; fractionation; dosage; animal models; fruit crops; Poncirus trifoliata; South Korea; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Aim of the study: Poncirus trifoliata (L.) Raf. (Rutaceae, PT) has been commonly used for treating gastrointestinal (GI) disorders in Korean traditional medicine, but its pharmacological roles in the regulation of colonic motility have not been clarified. This study investigated the regulatory effects of PT on the colonic motility. Materials and methods: Immature fruits of PT were sequentially par ...