Jump to Main Content
- Paulino, Emanuel Tenório; Barros Ferreira, Amanda Karine; da Silva, Jessyka Carolina Galvão; Ferreira Costa, Cintia Danielli; Smaniotto, Salete; de Araújo-Júnior, João Xavier; Silva Júnior, Edeíldo Ferreira; Bortoluzzi, Janaína Herbele; Nogueira Ribeiro, Êurica Adélia
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2019 v.242 pp. 112037
- Alpinia zerumbet, etc ; cardioprotective effect; cardiotoxicity; creatine; enzymes; essential oils; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; heart; heart rate; histology; histopathology; hypertension; infarction; isoproterenols; lactones; leaves; morphometry; myocardial infarction; oral administration; rats; staining; traditional medicine; Brazil; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The leaves of Alpinia zerumbet is used in folk medicine in Brazil to treat hypertension. However, the cardioprotective effect of this plant has not been studied yet.To evaluate the cardioprotective effects of the hydroalcoholic extract of the leaves of Alpinia zerumbet (AZE) against isoproterenol (ISO)-induced myocardial infarction in rats.Rats were pretreated orally with AZE (300 mg/kg) for 30 da ...
- Ji, Yun-peng; Shi, Ting-yu; Zhang, Yan-yan; Lin, Dan; Linghu, Ke-gang; Xu, Yi-ni; Tao, Ling; Lu, Qing; Shen, Xiang-chun
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2019 v.237 pp. 149-158
- Alpinia zerumbet, etc ; Western blotting; adhesion; aorta; apoptosis; cardiovascular diseases; caspase-3; endothelial cells; essential oils; fluorescent antibody technique; fruits; in vitro studies; in vivo studies; inflammation; intercellular adhesion molecule-1; intraperitoneal injection; lipopolysaccharides; liquids; males; mice; polymerase chain reaction; polysorbates; spices; storage temperature; toxicity testing; traditional medicine; transcription factor NF-kappa B; vascular cell adhesion molecules; China; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... Fructus Alpinia zerumbet (FAZ), a dry and ripe fruit of Alpinia zerumbet (Pers.) Burtt. et Smith, is widely used as a spice to treat cardiovascular diseases in clinic as a miao folk medicine in Guizhou Province of China. Essential oil extracted from FAZ (EOFAZ) is the key bioactive ingredients.This study aimed to examine the effects and mechanisms of EOFAZ on lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced endot ...