Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Li-Xia, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2012 v.141 no.2 pp. 709-713
- cytochrome P-450; enzymes; herbs; messenger RNA; oral administration; oxidation; prediction; testosterone; therapeutics
- ... AIM OF THE STUDY: The aim of this study is to examine the effects of andrographolide on intestinal enzyme cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP3A4) and predict whether oral administration of andrographolide-containing remedy leads to herb–drug interaction. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Caco-2 cells are treated with 1α, 25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 for 3 wks to induce the expression of CYP3A4, and then andrographolide (1, 1 ...
- Chen, Li-Xia, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2013 v.148 no.2 pp. 544-555
- Physalis alkekengi; Western blotting; apoptosis; autophagy; cell viability; cough; cytotoxicity; eczema; flow cytometry; fluorescence microscopy; hepatitis; medicine; melanoma; reactive oxygen species; small interfering RNA; throat; transfection; China
- ... ETHNOPHARMACOLOGICAL RELEVANCE: Physalin A is a bioactive withanolide isolated from natural plant Physalis alkekengi L. var. franchetii (Mast.) Makino, a traditional Chinese herbal medicine named Jindenglong which has long been used for the treatment of cough, sore throat, hepatitis, eczema, dysuria and tumors in China. AIM OF THE STUDY: Based on the previous study that physalin A induced cytotoxi ...