Jump to Main Content
- Umar, Muhammad Ihtisham, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2016 v.193 pp. 312-320
- Tephrosia; aerial parts; amino acids; analgesic effect; anti-inflammatory activity; anti-inflammatory agents; aspirin; binding capacity; blood serum; bronchitis; chromatography; codeine; cotton; cough; energy; granuloma; humans; in vitro studies; inflammation; interleukin-1; macrophages; mice; necrosis; nitric oxide; prostaglandin synthase; rats; tail; tail flick test; traditional medicine; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Tephrosia apollinea (Delile) DC (Leguminosae) has been used in folk medicine in Arabian countries to treat inflammatory disorders. The plant has been described to treat swelling, bone fracture, bronchitis, cough, earache and wounds.the current study aims to evaluate the anti-inflammatory properties of the major active phytoconstituent of T. apollinea and elucidate the mechanisms by which it inhibi ...
- Umar, Muhammad T., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2011 v.137 no.1 pp. 543-546
- Solanaceae; acetic acid; analgesic effect; anti-inflammatory activity; edema; medicinal plants; nociception; pain; rats
- ... AIM OF THE STUDY: To evaluate analgesic effect and anti-inflammatory properties of Schwenckia americana (Solanaceae), a medicinal plant used for treating rheumatic pains and swelling in North-western Nigeria. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Three doses (25mg/kg, 50mg/kg and 100mg/kg) of the crude methanolic extract of Schwenkia americana were evaluated for analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities using a ...