Jump to Main Content
- Modesto, Florent; Heimann, Marianne; Donnelly, Thomas M.
- Journal of exotic pet medicine 2018 v.27 no.3 pp. 32-37
- laparotomy, etc ; Cynomys ludovicianus; abdomen; clinical examination; diarrhea; histology; hyperplasia; males; pancreatitis; spleen; tomography; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... A 7.5-year-old male black-tailed prairie dog was presented for diarrhea of 3 weeks’ duration. Clinical examination revealed a multinodular mass in the left cranial quadrant of the abdomen that was confirmed with ultrasound. An exploratory laparotomy was performed and the majority of the mass and adherent spleen were removed. Histological diagnosis was severe pancreatic nodular hyperplasia associat ...
- Tecilla, Marco; Bielli, Mattia; Savarino, Paolo; Roccabianca, Paola
- Journal of exotic pet medicine 2018 v.27 no.2 pp. 108-112
- laparotomy, etc ; Mustela putorius; adipose tissue; anorexia; blood; bone formation; bone marrow; cartilage; clinical examination; ferrets; histopathology; males; mineralization; omentum; spleen; weight loss; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Heterotopic ossification (HO) is a rare condition characterized by abnormal bone production in soft tissue. Very few cases of HO have been reported in animals (e.g., dogs and horses) and this disease process is often a consequence of a traumatic incident. A 5-year-old, male European ferret (Mustela putorius furo) was referred for anorexia, generalized weakness, and weight loss. Clinical examinatio ...