Jump to Main Content
- Díaz-Mendoza, Mercedes; Velasco-Arroyo, Blanca; González-Melendi, Pablo; Martínez, Manuel; Díaz, Isabel
- Journal of experimental botany 2014 v.65 no.14 pp. 3825-3833
- barley; cathepsins; cystatins; cysteine; cysteine proteinases; genes; leaves; nutrients; phylogeny; proteins; proteolysis; senescence
- ... Senescence-associated proteolysis in plants is a crucial process to relocalize nutrients from leaves to growing or storage tissues. The massive net degradation of proteins involves broad metabolic networks, different subcellular compartments, and several types of proteases and regulators. C1A cysteine proteases, grouped as cathepsin L-, B-, H-, and F-like according to their gene structures and phy ...
- Distelfeld, Assaf; Avni, Raz; Fischer, Andreas M.
- Journal of experimental botany 2014 v.65 no.14 pp. 3783-3798
- barley; crop yield; germplasm; nutrient content; nutrient use efficiency; senescence
- ... Cereals including wheat and barley are of primary importance to ensure food security for the 21st century. A combination of lab- and field-based approaches has led to a considerably improved understanding of the importance of organ and particularly of whole-plant (monocarpic) senescence for wheat and barley yield and quality. A delicate balance between senescence timing, grain nutrient content, nu ...