Jump to Main Content
- Avice, Jean-Christophe; Etienne, Philippe
- Journal of experimental botany 2014 v.65 no.14 pp. 3813-3824
- Brassica napus var. napus; leaves; nitrogen; nutrient use efficiency; senescence
- ... Despite its worldwide economic importance for food (oil, meal) and non-food (green energy and chemistry) uses, oilseed rape has a low nitrogen (N) use efficiency (NUE), mainly due to the low N remobilization efficiency (NRE) observed during the vegetative phase when sequential leaf senescence occurs. Assuming that improvement of NRE is the main lever for NUE optimization, unravelling the cellular ...
- Distelfeld, Assaf; Avni, Raz; Fischer, Andreas M.
- Journal of experimental botany 2014 v.65 no.14 pp. 3783-3798
- barley; crop yield; germplasm; nutrient content; nutrient use efficiency; senescence
- ... Cereals including wheat and barley are of primary importance to ensure food security for the 21st century. A combination of lab- and field-based approaches has led to a considerably improved understanding of the importance of organ and particularly of whole-plant (monocarpic) senescence for wheat and barley yield and quality. A delicate balance between senescence timing, grain nutrient content, nu ...