Jump to Main Content
- Díaz-Mendoza, Mercedes; Velasco-Arroyo, Blanca; González-Melendi, Pablo; Martínez, Manuel; Díaz, Isabel
- Journal of experimental botany 2014 v.65 no.14 pp. 3825-3833
- barley; cathepsins; cystatins; cysteine; cysteine proteinases; genes; leaves; nutrients; phylogeny; proteins; proteolysis; senescence
- ... Senescence-associated proteolysis in plants is a crucial process to relocalize nutrients from leaves to growing or storage tissues. The massive net degradation of proteins involves broad metabolic networks, different subcellular compartments, and several types of proteases and regulators. C1A cysteine proteases, grouped as cathepsin L-, B-, H-, and F-like according to their gene structures and phy ...
- Sakuraba, Yasuhito; Lee, Sang-Hwa; Kim, Ye-Sol; Park, Ohkmae K.; Hörtensteiner, Stefan; Paek, Nam-Chon
- Journal of experimental botany 2014 v.65 no.14 pp. 3915-3925
- Arabidopsis; abiotic stress; autophagy; chlorophyll; gene expression; leaves; mutants; phenotype; proteins
- ... Plant autophagy, one of the essential proteolysis systems, balances proteome and nutrient levels in cells of the whole plant. Autophagy has been studied by analysing Arabidopsis thaliana autophagy-defective atg mutants, but the relationship between autophagy and chlorophyll (Chl) breakdown during stress-induced leaf yellowing remains unclear. During natural senescence or under abiotic-stress condi ...
- PubMed Central: