Jump to Main Content
- Weitbrecht, Karin; Müller, Kerstin; Leubner-Metzger, Gerhard
- Journal of experimental botany 2011 v.62 no.10 pp. 3289-3309
- Arabidopsis thaliana; abscisic acid; agroecosystems; ambient temperature; endosperm; gene expression; gibberellic acid; hormones; imbibition; messenger RNA; metabolism; physiological state; plant establishment; proteins; seed germination; seedlings; seeds; testa; transcriptome; water uptake
- ... Most plant seeds are dispersed in a dry, mature state. If these seeds are non-dormant and the environmental conditions are favourable, they will pass through the complex process of germination. In this review, recent progress made with state-of-the-art techniques including genome-wide gene expression analyses that provided deeper insight into the early phase of seed germination, which includes imb ...
- Pécrix, Yann; Rallo, Géraldine; Folzer, Hélène; Cigna, Mireille; Gudin, Serge; Le Bris, Manuel
- Journal of experimental botany 2011 v.62 no.10 pp. 3587-3597
- Rosa; ambient temperature; developmental stages; diploidy; germ cells; global change; meiosis; microsporogenesis; pollen; polyploidy; telophase; temperature profiles; viability
- ... Polyploidy is an important evolutionary phenomenon but the mechanisms by which polyploidy arises still remain underexplored. There may be an environmental component to polyploidization. This study aimed to clarify how temperature may promote diploid gamete formation considered an essential element for sexual polyploidization. First of all, a detailed cytological analysis of microsporogenesis and m ...