Jump to Main Content
- Federico, Rodolfo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2011 v.62 no.3 pp. 1155-1168
- Arabidopsis thaliana; corn; enzymes; functional diversity; genes; mammals; metabolism; plant development; putrescine; spermidine; spermine; substrate specificity
- ... Polyamine oxidases (PAOs) are FAD-dependent enzymes involved in polyamine catabolism. All so far characterized PAOs from monocotyledonous plants, such as the apoplastic maize PAO, oxidize spermine (Spm) and spermidine (Spd) to produce 1,3-diaminopropane, H₂O₂, and an aminoaldehyde, and are thus considered to be involved in a terminal catabolic pathway. Mammalian PAOs oxidize Spm or Spd (and/or the ...
- Federico, Rodolfo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2006 v.57 no.10 pp. 2277-2289
- Zea mays; corn; oxidoreductases; hydrogen peroxide; cantharidin; oxidative stress; oxidation; phosphoprotein phosphatase; enzyme inhibitors; mesocotyls; spermidine; superoxide anion; histochemistry; epidermis (plant); in vitro studies; intercellular spaces
- ... In this study, the specific contribution of polyamine oxidase (PAO), a hydrogen peroxide (H₂O₂)-producing enzyme, to the oxidative burst induced in maize mesocotyl by the phosphatase inhibitor cantharidin was examined. For this purpose, a pharmacological approach was applied using, either in vitro or in vivo, two strong inhibitors of maize PAO (MPAO), N-prenylagmatine (G3) and its structural analo ...