Jump to Main Content
- Federico, Rodolfo, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2014 v.65 no.6 pp. 1585-1603
- cytosol; proteasome endopeptidase complex; spermine; transcription (genetics)
- ... Polyamine oxidases (PAOs) are flavin-dependent enzymes involved in polyamine catabolism. In Arabidopsis five PAO genes (AtPAO1–AtPAO5) have been identified which present some common characteristics, but also important differences in primary structure, substrate specificity, subcellular localization, and tissue-specific expression pattern, differences which may suggest distinct physiological roles. ...
- Federico, Rodolfo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2011 v.62 no.3 pp. 1155-1168
- Arabidopsis thaliana; corn; enzymes; functional diversity; genes; mammals; metabolism; plant development; putrescine; spermidine; spermine; substrate specificity
- ... Polyamine oxidases (PAOs) are FAD-dependent enzymes involved in polyamine catabolism. All so far characterized PAOs from monocotyledonous plants, such as the apoplastic maize PAO, oxidize spermine (Spm) and spermidine (Spd) to produce 1,3-diaminopropane, H₂O₂, and an aminoaldehyde, and are thus considered to be involved in a terminal catabolic pathway. Mammalian PAOs oxidize Spm or Spd (and/or the ...