Jump to Main Content
- Hsu, Chuan-Yu, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2011 v.62 no.11 pp. 3737
- Populus; gene expression regulation; genes; heavy metals; homeostasis; leaves; messenger RNA; nucleotide sequences; phenotype; toxicity; woody plants; zinc
- ... Perennial woody species, such as poplar (Populus spp.) must acquire necessary heavy metals like zinc (Zn) while avoiding potential toxicity. Poplar contains genes with sequence homology to genes HMA4 and PCS1 from other species which are involved in heavy metal regulation. While basic genomic conservation exists, poplar does not have a hyperaccumulating phenotype. Poplar has a common indicator phe ...
- PubMed Central:
- Hsu, Chuan-Yu, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2010 v.61 no.10 pp. 2549-2560
- Arabidopsis; Populus; breeding; flowering; flowers; forest trees; genes; genetic background; heat treatment; loci; rootstocks; scions; temperature; transgenic plants
- ... Expression of FLOWERING LOCUS T (FT) and its homologues has been shown to accelerate the onset of flowering in a number of plant species, including poplar (Populus spp.). The application of FT should be of particular use in forest trees, as it could greatly accelerate and enable new kinds of breeding and research. Recent evidence showing the extent to which FT is effective in promoting flowering i ...