Jump to Main Content
- Li, Baohai, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2013 v.64 no.5 pp. 1413-1425
- Arabidopsis; aminoethoxyvinylglycine; antagonists; auxins; ethylene; ethylene production; mutants; shoots; silver
- ... Foliar NH4+ exposure is linked to inhibition of lateral root (LR) formation. Here, the role of shoot ethylene in NH4+-induced inhibition of LR formation in Arabidopsis was investigated using wild-type and mutant lines that show either blocked ethylene signalling (etr1) or enhanced ethylene synthesis (eto1, xbat32). NH4+ exposure of wild-type Arabidopsis led to pronounced inhibition of LR productio ...
- Li, Baohai, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2012 v.63 no.10 pp. 3777-3788
- Arabidopsis; auxins; beta-glucuronidase; drought; gravitropism; mutants; nutrient deficiencies; potassium; reporter genes; root cap; root growth; salinity
- ... Root gravitropism is affected by many environmental stresses, including salinity, drought, and nutrient deficiency. One significant environmental stress, excess ammonium (NH4 +), is well documented to inhibit root elongation and lateral root formation, yet little is known about its effects on the direction of root growth. We show here that inhibition of root elongation upon elevation of external N ...