Jump to Main Content
- Pollmann, Stephan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2011 v.62 no.13 pp. 4423-4431
- Pinus; anthranilate synthase; biosynthesis; genetically modified organisms; glutamate-ammonia ligase; glutamine; indole acetic acid; leaves; proteins; tobacco
- ... The initial reaction in the pathway leading to the production of indole-3-acetic acid (IAA) in plants is the reaction between chorismate and glutamine to produce anthranilate, catalysed by the enzyme anthranilate synthase (ASA; EC 126.96.36.199). Compared with non-transgenic controls, leaves of transgenic poplar with ectopic expression of the pine cytosolic glutamine synthetase (GS1a; EC 188.8.131.52) produ ...
- PubMed Central:
- Pollmann, Stephan, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2014 v.65 no.4 pp. 995-1012
- Arabidopsis; DNA; drought; flowering; gene overexpression; genes; growth and development; heat; metabolites; nuclear proteins; plant growth; salt stress; salt tolerance; stress response; stress tolerance; tomatoes; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transcriptional activation
- ... DNA binding with One Finger (DOF) transcription factors are involved in multiple aspects of plant growth and development but their precise roles in abiotic stress tolerance are largely unknown. Here we report a group of five tomato DOF genes, homologous to Arabidopsis Cycling DOF Factors (CDFs), that function as transcriptional regulators involved in responses to drought and salt stress and flower ...