Jump to Main Content
- Zheng, Shao Jian, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2019 v.70 no.5 pp. 1581-1595
- Arabidopsis; Capsicum annuum; Ralstonia solanacearum; bacteria; cadmium; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; hydrogen peroxide; immunity; mutants; pepper; peroxidase; plant response; stress response; sweet peppers; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transporters; zinc
- ... WRKY transcription factors have been implicated in both plant immunity and plant responses to cadmium (Cd); however, the mechanism underlying the crosstalk between these processes is unclear. Here, we characterized the roles of CaWRKY41, a group III WRKY transcription factor, in immunity against the pathogenic bacterium Ralstonia solanacearum and Cd stress responses in pepper (Capsicum annuum). Ca ...
- Zheng, Shao Jian, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2013 v.64 no.7 pp. 1795-1804
- Vigna umbellata; aluminum; biosynthesis; citrates; gene expression; genetic improvement; phosphorylation; pretreatment; protein kinases; proteins; roots; secretion; transcription (genetics)
- ... Aluminium (Al)-activated citrate secretion plays an important role in Al resistance in a number of plant species, such as rice bean (Vigna umbellata). This study further characterized the regulation of VuMATE1, an aluminium-activated citrate transporter. Al stress induced VuMATE1 expression, followed by the secretion of citrate. Citrate secretion was specific to Al stress, whereas VuMATE1 expressi ...
- PubMed Central: