Jump to Main Content
- Pascal, Ludovic; Maire, Olivier; Volkenborn, Nils; Lecroart, Pascal; Bichon, Sabrina; de Montaudouin, Xavier; Grémare, Antoine; Deflandre, Bruno
- Journal of experimental marine biology and ecology 2016 v.477 pp. 69-79
- Decapoda; Zostera noltei; ammonium; laboratory experimentation; meadows; nitrates; oxygen; oxygen consumption; seagrasses; sediments; shrimp; silicates; soil pore water; spring; summer; winter
- ... The aim of the present study was to investigate the influence of the mud shrimp Upogebia pusilla on porewater and solute exchanges in an intertidal Zostera noltei meadow of Arcachon Bay. Laboratory experiments carried out during three seasons showed that U. pusilla strongly enhanced sediment porewater exchange rates (averaging 26, 45 and 71Lm−2d−1 in winter, spring and summer, respectively) in com ...
- Volkmann, Christiane; Halbedel, Susanne; Voss, Maren; Schubert, Hendrik
- Journal of experimental marine biology and ecology 2016 v.477 pp. 23-30
- Chara; Stuckenia pectinata; amino acids; ammonium; coastal water; detection limit; dissolved inorganic nitrogen; dissolved organic nitrogen; isotope labeling; macrophytes; nitrates; nutrient transport; nutrients; phytoplankton; roots; sediments; shoots; stable isotopes; vascular bundles; Baltic Sea
- ... Macrophytes and phytoplankton compete for inorganic nitrogen during growth, even in eutrophied coastal waters containing relatively high nitrogen concentrations. In this study we investigated, whether dissolved organic nitrogen (DON) serves as an additional nitrogen source for rooted submerged macrophytes in several key species in the nutrient-rich inner coastal waters of the Darss-Zingster-Bodden ...