Jump to Main Content
- Huang, X; Huang, Y; Xu, L; Wei, S; Ouyang, Z; Feng, J; Qin, Q
- Journal of fish diseases 2015 v.38 no.4 pp. 379-387
- DNA-directed DNA polymerase; Epinephelus; Megalocytivirus; Ranavirus; coat proteins; cytoplasm; genes; giant cells; grouper; inclusion bodies; mariculture; membrane proteins; pathogens; phylogeny; ribonucleotide reductase; viruses; China; South East Asia
- ... Grouper Epinephelus spp. is one of the most important mariculture fish species in China and South‐East Asian countries. The emerging viral diseases, evoked by iridovirus which belongs to genus Megalocytivirus and Ranavirus, have been well characterized in recent years. To date, few data on lymphocystis disease in grouper which caused by lymphocystis disease virus (LCDV) were described. Here, a nov ...
- George, M R; John, K R; Mansoor, M M; Saravanakumar, R; Sundar, P; Pradeep, V
- Journal of fish diseases 2015 v.38 no.4 pp. 389-403
- Cyprinus carpio; Santee-Cooper ranavirus; amino acid sequences; cell culture; cell membranes; coat proteins; electron microscopy; fish farms; genes; kidneys; koi; mortality; pathogenicity; polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis; swimming; virus transmission; viruses; India; North America
- ... We investigated mass mortalities of koi, Cyprinus carpio Linnaeus, 1758, experienced in South Indian fish farms by virus isolation, electron microscopy, PCR detection, sequencing of capsid protein gene and transmission studies. Samples of moribund koi brought to the laboratory suffered continuous mortality exhibiting swimming abnormalities, intermittent surfacing and skin darkening. Irido‐like vir ...