Jump to Main Content
- Nagai, T.; Nakai, T.
- Journal of fish diseases 2011 v.34 no.4 pp. 303-310
- Flavobacterium psychrophilum; Oncorhynchus masou; Plecoglossus altivelis; bacteria; bacterial infections; blood serum; fish diseases; infection; intraperitoneal injection; microbial growth; pathogenicity; trout; Japan
- ... Flavobacterium psychrophilum isolates, obtained from ayu, Plecoglossus altivelis, three species of salmonids and two species of cyprinids in Japan, were used in this study. Bacteria were inoculated to serum prepared from ayu or red spotted masu trout (RSMT), Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae, and incubated at 18 °C for 24 h. All isolates (n = 19) from ayu grew well with a 9- to 116-fold increase of CFU ...
- Ström-Bestor, M.; Wiklund, T.
- Journal of fish diseases 2011 v.34 no.4 pp. 255-264
- Flavobacterium psychrophilum; Oncorhynchus mykiss; Pseudomonas; agar; aquaculture; coculture; fish; in vivo studies; iron; pathogens; probiotics; serotypes; siderophores
- ... A Pseudomonas sp. isolate MSB1 efficiently inhibited the growth of Flavobacterium psychrophilum of different serotypes on agar medium. A significant difference in the inhibition was observed between isolates of the less virulent FpT serotype compared to the Fd and Th serotypes. In broth coculture experiments, a low number of cells of MSB1 inhibited and outcompeted the F. psychrophilum cells. Also ...