Jump to Main Content
- Ström-Bestor, M.; Wiklund, T.
- Journal of fish diseases 2011 v.34 no.4 pp. 255-264
- Flavobacterium psychrophilum; Oncorhynchus mykiss; Pseudomonas; agar; aquaculture; coculture; fish; in vivo studies; iron; pathogens; probiotics; serotypes; siderophores
- ... A Pseudomonas sp. isolate MSB1 efficiently inhibited the growth of Flavobacterium psychrophilum of different serotypes on agar medium. A significant difference in the inhibition was observed between isolates of the less virulent FpT serotype compared to the Fd and Th serotypes. In broth coculture experiments, a low number of cells of MSB1 inhibited and outcompeted the F. psychrophilum cells. Also ...
- Zhou, S.M.; Fan, Y.; Zhu, X.Q.; Xie, M.Q.; Li, A.X.
- Journal of fish diseases 2011 v.34 no.4 pp. 265-271
- Streptococcus iniae; fish; fish culture; genetic markers; intergenic DNA; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal DNA
- ... The 16S-23S intergenic spacers (ITS) of ribosomal DNA from ten independent isolates of Streptococcus iniae and one reference strain ATCC29178 were sequenced, aligned and used to design a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) primer set for rapid and specific detection and identification of S. iniae. This primer set amplified a 377-bp DNA fragment specifically from S. iniae, but not from other common bac ...