Jump to Main Content
- Peyvast, G.; Olfati, J.A.; Madeni, S.; Forghani, A.
- Journal of food, agriculture & environment 2008 v.6 no.1 pp. 110-113
- Spinacia oleracea; spinach; vermicomposts; cattle manure; plant growth; chemical composition; leaf area; fertilizer application; yields; soil amendments; Iran
- ... The effects of different amounts of vermicompost (0, 10, 20 and 30%) to sandy loam soil on growth, yield and chemical characteristics of spinach (Spinacia oleracea L.) cultivar Virofly were investigated in an unheated greenhouse at the Horticultural Department the Guilan University, Rasht, Iran, during 2006 using Complete Randomized Design (CRD). The results showed that an addition of vermicompost ...
- Arena, M.E.
- Journal of food, agriculture & environment 2008 v.6 no.1 pp. 114-118
- anthocyanins; cultivars; plant growth; acidity; harvest date; total soluble solids; air temperature; fruit quality; growing season; firmness; pH; ripening; red currants; Ribes rubrum; Argentina
- ... The small fruits or berries are products of a great interest due to the increasing world demand, and particularly attention is focused on many of the small fruits which are now considered for their nutraceutical properties. Over the past years, an increasing interest has been shown to the intensive agriculture in Argentinean Patagonia, mainly due to its diversity in soils and climates and to the p ...