Jump to Main Content
- Shukla, Shruti; Lee, Jong Suk; Park, Juyeon; Hwang, Dong‐Ju; Park, Jung Hyun; Kim, Myunghee
- Journal of food biochemistry 2016 v.40 no.2 pp. 248-259
- syrups, etc ; polyphenols; nutrient content; reactive oxygen species; sand; dietary supplements; nitrites; Nelumbo nucifera; oxidative stress; beverages; fermentation; sugars; human health; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; functional foods; gallic acid; traditional medicine; quantitative analysis; cinnamic acid; brown sugar; morpholine; enzyme activity; antioxidant activity; ethanol; quercetin; Lotus; pH; functional properties; vegetables; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... The goals of this study were to develop a new functional beverage and/or syrup from Nelumbo nucifera (lotus) root by fermentation utilizing brown sugar and to determine its various functional properties and nutritive components. Total phenolic and flavonoid contents significantly increased after 15 and 30 days of fermentation as compared to control (brown sugar broth only) and their amounts ranged ...
- Gonçalves, Heloísa Bressan; Jorge, João Atílio; Guimarães, Luis Henrique Souza
- Journal of food biochemistry 2016 v.40 no.5 pp. 655-663
- syrups, etc ; Fusarium graminearum; beta-fructofuranosidase; carbon; enzyme activity; ethanol; food industry; fructooligosaccharides; fungi; hydrolysis; industrial applications; manganese; mercury; pH; raffinose; solid state fermentation; sucrose; temperature; wheat bran; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The search for new sources of β‐d‐fructofuranosidases with potential for utilization in the food and beverage industries is an important task. The filamentous fungus Fusarium graminearum was recently reported to produce β‐d‐fructofuranosidase with suitable properties for biotechnological applications. Therefore, the objective of this study was to purify and characterize F. graminearum β‐d‐fructofu ...