Jump to Main Content
- Hosseinpour, Soleiman; Ilkhchi, Ali Hakimi; Aghbashlo, Mortaza
- Journal of food engineering 2019 v.248 pp. 9-22
- algorithms; beef; beef quality; consumer satisfaction; image analysis; markets; mobile telephones; neural networks; prediction; probability; purchasing; shear stress; texture
- ... Beef tenderness is the most important attribute correlated with beef quality, consumer satisfaction, and purchasing decisions. Nowadays, a rapid, non-invasive, and non-destructive evaluation and prediction of beef tenderness and quality from fresh product attributes is desired in industries, laboratories, and markets dealing with beef handling, processing, analyzing, and buy and sell. In this stud ...
- Sun, Hongwei; Peng, Yankun; Zheng, Xiaochun; Wang, Wenxiu; Zhang, Jie
- Journal of food engineering 2019 v.248 pp. 1-8
- equations; image analysis; least squares; pork; prediction; shear stress; statistical models; theoretical models
- ... This study aimed at the assessment of pork tenderness using hyperspectral backscattering imaging technique. Backscattering images for 54 pork samples in the spectral range of 480–900 nm were characterized by 3-parameter Lorentzian distribution function (LD) and diffusion equation (DE), which represent a statistical model and a theoretical model respectively. Characteristic parameters spectra were ...