Jump to Main Content
- Lemus-Mondaca, Roberto; Zambra, Carlos; Rosales, Carlos
- Journal of food engineering 2019 v.263 pp. 102-113
- mass transfer, etc ; agricultural industry; air flow; computer simulation; drying; drying temperature; energy use and consumption; heat; moisture diffusivity; olive cake; porous media; water content; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Olive-waste cake has the potential to be used as source material in many agroindustry applications once dried. In this study, a tridimensional model including heat and mass transfer for olive-waste cake dehydration was implemented. The κ - ε model was used to describe turbulent air flow around the cake. Olive-waste cake was treated as a porous material with variable thermophysical properties. The ...
- Purlis, Emmanuel
- Journal of food engineering 2019 v.263 pp. 132-146
- mass transfer, etc ; bound water; computer software; drying; energy use and consumption; equations; evaporation rate; foods; heat; porous media; sorption; temperature; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... This study presents a theoretical and numerical analysis to derive a multiphase model of heat and mass transfer for low intensity/temperature convective drying of hygroscopic porous materials, with focus on food products. Some commonly used simplifications in modelling drying and similar processes are evaluated and a reduced model is obtained consequently. Such model is close in complexity to sing ...