Jump to Main Content
- Foerst, Petra; Melo de Carvalho, Teresa; Lechner, Martin; Kovacevic, Tijana; Kim, Seongshik; Kirse, Christoph; Briesen, Heiko
- Journal of food engineering 2019 v.260 pp. 50-57
- mass transfer, etc ; annealing; cakes; cooling; diffusivity; freeze drying; freezing; geometry; maltodextrins; micro-computed tomography; porosity; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The study presents a method to estimate the mass transfer rate during primary drying based on μ-computed tomographic measurements of a freeze-dried cake. The study was carried out in a defined setup in a lyomicroscope and confined geometry in which freezing occurred under homogeneous nucleation, and drying under mass-transfer-limited conditions. Pore size distribution, effective diffusivity, and p ...
- Ozcelik, M.; Ambros, S.; Heigl, A.; Dachmann, E.; Kulozik, U.
- Journal of food engineering 2019 v.240 pp. 83-91
- mass transfer, etc ; bubbles; foams; freeze drying; fruit growing; fruit puree; hydrocolloids; maltodextrins; microwave radiation; microwave treatment; odors; potato protein; protein content; raspberries; stabilizers; temperature; water vapor; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... In this study, foamed raspberry puree was dried by microwave-assisted freeze drying (MWFD). The combined use of microwaves and a foamed structure was intended to accelerate the drying process, while creating an innovative product structure with intense aroma impact for consumption as a snack. The influence of potato protein as foaming agent, maltodextrin as foam stabilizer and microwave (MW) power ...