Jump to Main Content
- Castro, A.M.; Mayorga, E.Y.; Moreno, F.L.
- Journal of food engineering 2019 v.252 pp. 44-52
- mass transfer, etc ; Acca sellowiana; air; computer software; drying; engineering; finite element analysis; fruits; heat; mathematical models; model validation; moisture diffusivity; temperature; water content; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... A two-dimensional mathematical model for coupled heat and mass transfer during convective drying of feijoa (Acca sellowiana Berg) slices was implemented. The thermophysical and transport properties were considered variable and the effective moisture diffusion coefficient was determined based on the Arrhenius-type temperature dependence. The convective heat and mass transfer coefficients were obtai ...
- Lemus-Mondaca, Roberto; Zambra, Carlos; Rosales, Carlos
- Journal of food engineering 2019 v.263 pp. 102-113
- mass transfer, etc ; agricultural industry; air flow; computer simulation; drying; drying temperature; energy use and consumption; heat; moisture diffusivity; olive cake; porous media; water content; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Olive-waste cake has the potential to be used as source material in many agroindustry applications once dried. In this study, a tridimensional model including heat and mass transfer for olive-waste cake dehydration was implemented. The κ - ε model was used to describe turbulent air flow around the cake. Olive-waste cake was treated as a porous material with variable thermophysical properties. The ...