Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Songsong; Yang, Zhao; Zhang, Lei; Luo, Na; Li, Xiang
- Journal of food engineering 2018 v.217 pp. 24-33
- catalase; color; cucumbers; food preservation; magnetic fields; malondialdehyde; novel foods; physicochemical properties; superoxide dismutase; temperature; tissues; water
- ... Based on the mechanism of temperature shock treatment and electromagnetic effect for food preservation, this paper developed a novel food preservation method by combining static magnetic field with low magnetic flux density and low-temperature water shock to process the fresh postharvest vegetable. Compared with the single cold-water shock treatment (CST, Tw = 2 °C, τ = 40 min), the static magneti ...
- Otero, Laura; Rodríguez, Antonio C.; Sanz, Pedro D.
- Journal of food engineering 2018 v.217 pp. 34-42
- ions; magnetic fields; magnetic materials; sodium chloride; supercooling
- ... Previous papers in the literature show no agreement on the effects of static magnetic fields (SMFs) on water supercooling and freezing kinetics. Hypothetical effects of the SMF orientation and the presence of ions in the sample are also unclear. To shed light on this matter, we froze 10-mL pure water samples and 0.9% NaCl solutions subjected or not to the SMFs generated by two magnets. We found th ...