Jump to Main Content
- Kurt, Abdullah; Gençcelep, Hüseyin
- Journal of food engineering 2018 v.237 pp. 128-136
- meat emulsions, etc ; Agaricus bisporus; adsorption; bioactive compounds; chemical structure; emulsions; health foods; heat tolerance; lipids; models; mushrooms; protein content; texture; viscosity; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Mushrooms are considered to be a next-generation health food due to their rich protein content with high biological value, fiber and bioactive compounds. Utilization of the protein and fiber contents of mushroom for the production of functional meat products with better emulsion characteristics was the aim of this study. Therefore, the influence of mushroom powder (MP) addition (0–3%) on the prope ...
- Paglarini, Camila de Souza; Furtado, Guilherme de Figueiredo; Biachi, João Paulo; Vidal, Vitor Andre Silva; Martini, Silvana; Forte, Marcus Bruno Soares; Cunha, Rosiane Lopes; Pollonio, Marise Aparecida Rodrigues
- Journal of food engineering 2018 v.222 pp. 29-37
- meat emulsions, etc ; backfat; carrageenan; color; emulsions; fat replacers; fatty acids; gels; inulin; pH; pectins; pork; rheological properties; sodium caseinate; sodium tripolyphosphate; soy protein isolate; soybean oil; water holding capacity; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... This study aimed to develop soybean-oil based functional emulsion gels (EG) to be used as animal fat replacer in meat products. A Plackett-Burman 12 was applied to 7 independent variables for the elaboration of EG (soy protein isolate (SPI), sodium caseinate, carrageenan (CAR), inulin (INUL), pectin, sodium tripolyphosphate, and soy lecithin). Then, three selected factors, SPI, CAR, and INUL were ...