Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Jine; Zhong, Qixin
- Journal of food engineering 2016 v.175 pp. 104-107
- digestion; droplets; emulsions; encapsulation; food intake; foods; konjac mannan; mixing; pepsin; satiety; soybean oil; viscosity; whey protein isolate
- ... Konjac glucomannan (KGM) is a water-soluble polysaccharide with extraordinary ability to absorb water and increase viscosity and therefore a potential strategy to increase satiety and control food intake. However, it is difficult to incorporate KGM in aqueous foods without increasing viscosity significantly. In the present work, the objective was encapsulate KGM powder as the core of oil droplets ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Mantovani, Raphaela Araujo; Cavallieri, Ângelo Luiz Fazani; Cunha, Rosiane Lopes
- Journal of food engineering 2016 v.175 pp. 108-116
- acidification; droplets; electrostatic interactions; emulsifying properties; emulsions; gelation; gels; heat treatment; high pressure treatment; homogenization; ingredients; isoelectric point; pH; protein content; texturization; viscosity; whey protein
- ... The effects of heat treatment and high-pressure homogenization on whey protein (WP) emulsion properties were evaluated. Only emulsion containing non-heated WP was stable, presenting low viscosity, small droplets and higher adsorbed protein content by increasing homogenization pressure. In addition, the influence of high-pressure homogenization and pH on cold-set gel formation by acidification of e ...